Saturday, May 7, 2011

Brew Dog Dogma


Brew Dog is a Scottish brewery known for huge, aggressive beers. I'm talking not just beers around 10% ABV, but 30 and 40! This is my first try of theirs, Dogma. It's a spiced beer full of ingredients I've never heard of like guarana and kola nut.

The color is orange and a bit cloudy, like iced tea. The head is huge and fluffy (I may have been a bit overzealous on the pour). Smells floral with honey and hops. Flavor is quite bitter with hops, honey, pepper, and more floral notes in the finish. Maybe the floral is the guarana? Picking up some dried fruit as it warms, I'm assuming that's the kola nut.

I am still trying to figure out what all is going on and if I like it or if I love it. With the 7.8% ABV, and after a 22 oz bomber, you'll know you've had something quite unique.

Grade: B

P.S. Like my awesome Craftsman bottle opener?

No comments:

Post a Comment