Monday, April 25, 2011

Kronenbourg 1664

There is a single reason I am trying Kronenbourg 1664. Motorhead. Here's the commercial Kronenbourg had Motorhead do with a slowed down, acoustic version of Ace of Spades, one of the greatest metal songs.



The beer itself starts off like you would expect from a French lager. Pale gold color, fluffy white head, just a hint of skunk familiar with green-bottled European lagers that you get here. The taste, however, is a bit surprising. There's still that light sweet grain, but there's some honey and a little bit of spice, too. Just a touch of clove, maybe. The mouth feel is fuller than similar beers. Really good lacing, too. I'm surprised I like this as much as I do. This would work well after mowing the lawn on a hot July day. Worth a try if you want something light, refreshing, and with at least a modicum more character than anything with "light" in the name.

Grade: B

P.S. Here is the full version of the slowed down Ace of Spades. Give me the original every time.

1 comment:

  1. my fav beer hands down!!! delicious....

    ReplyDelete