Sunday, March 13, 2011

Beginning Homebrew DVD

Along with drinking craft beers, I also do a little bit of a home brewing. I'm rather pleased with my current Night Flight Vanilla Porter. Next will be Out on the Tiles Scotch Ale. (You may notice a theme in the titles...)

Homebrewing is a lot of fun and it's really rewarding. It's not as intimidating as you might think, either. It's a little complex, you need to do your research, there is some cost, but the very basics of homebrewing are quite simple.

I was sent a DVD called Beginning Homebrewing to review. If you have never brewed before, or maybe have only done 1 or 2 batches, I think this DVD would really help. It goes through every step of the process and it is well explained. It does a great job of showing just how easy homebrewing can be! If you're on the fence about if you want to get involved in homebrewing, check this out, and I bet you will be converted.

The word "beginning" in the title is key, though. If you have brewed at least 5 times, you probably wouldn't get much out of this. However, it's not called Intermediate Homebrewing.

There may have been a few places where I thought some explanations could have been more in depth, but it really does give good information and you will be surprised how easy homebrewing really is!

Want your own copy? I have one to give away! Email me mcnealc31@gmail.com or leave a comment with your email address in the comments section by March 31.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi just came across with your site, me and my friends are just starting homebrewing beer. It was really fun. I was wondering if you can send a copy of the this dvd so we could enhance our knowledge in home brewing.

    Thanks,
    Mayller Lopez
    mayller.lopez@@gmail.com (remove 1 @)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mayller,

    I'll put you in the drawing! I'll announce the winner on Friday, April 1

    ReplyDelete